Each committee section includes:Committee Mission Statement
Sub-Committees as assigned
Other information as directed by the committee chairperson
As a FAMA member if you would like to be part of a committee, please contact the committee chairperson.
The mission of the Education Committee is to help strengthen the FAMA organization, enhance FAMA's service to its membership and the industry and to support and recognize students at universities offering fire science and engineering programs.
- Facilitate the Phillip L. Turner scholarship on an annual basis.
- Facilitate the FAMA Grant Fund on an annual basis.
- Enhance FAMA's relationship with universities offering Fire Science Programs.
- Provide the membership with supplementary information and/or special reports when needed.
Policies & Procedures Statement:
- Committee Composition - The FAMA Education Committee shall consist of a Chair, appointed by the President, and additional members. Where required, the committee will assist and be assisted by other FAMA Committees to accomplish it's mission and objectives.
- Budget - The committee shall develop a budget that shall be within the guidelines as established by the President and Board of Directors, to provide for the tools and resources necessary to implement its mission and objectives.
- Programs - The committee shall be responsible for the following programs:
- Philip L. Turner Scholarship
- FAMA Grant Fund
- Meetings are to be as needed by phone or scheduled in conjunction with other industry functions and meetings.
- All policies and procedures will be reviewed on an annual basis and recommendations for change will be forwarded or presented to the board for review and approval.
- The Committee will make a recommendation to the board for the necessary budget requested to support the committee's activities and programs on an annual basis as requested by The Board of Directors.
- Upon establishment of the planning directives and program budgets, the Committee will work together to accomplish it mission on a timely basis and communicate with the FAMA Administrative Assistant.
- Philip L Turner Scholarship
- Contact Professors at noted Universities (Oklahoma State, University of Maryland and Eastern Kentucky), requesting notification to students of scholarship rules and deadlines.
- Review applications and forward recommendations for board review and approval.
- Prepare press release for Marketing and Public Relations committee release.
- FAMA Grant Fund
- Keep Grant Application Package updated as needed and as directed by the board.
- Promote Grant Fund to general membership, fire science students and other members of the emergency service community.
- Provide support to board as requested for review and recommendations of applications.