Each committee section includes:Committee Mission Statement
Sub-Committees as assigned
Other information as directed by the committee chairperson
As a FAMA member if you would like to be part of a committee, please contact the committee chairperson.
Governmental Affairs Committee
The mission of the Governmental Affairs Committee is to be the primary vehicle through which FAMA will establish and maintain the reputation as a leader and strategic partner at the federal government level as it relates to Emergency Rescue, Fire Apparatus, and Homeland Security.
- Monitoring and disseminating potential and enacted legislation to all FAMA members
- Monitoring and disseminating emergency-rescue data and reports as they are released to all FAMA members
- Enhance FAMA's relationship with universities offering Fire Science Programs.
- Working with and providing to the FAMA Board and legal counsel:
- a) Data
- b) Potential consequences
- c) Recommendations and options as they relate to potential legislation
Policies & Procedures Statement: