Each committee section includes:Committee Mission Statement
Sub-Committees as assigned
Other information as directed by the committee chairperson
As a FAMA member if you would like to be part of a committee, please contact the committee chairperson.
The mission of the Membership Committee is to build and strengthen the membership of FAMA by seeking out and signing manufacturers and companies with prime interest in and dedication to, the betterment of the fire service and the fire service industry. We will seek to build membership through those companies who can benefit from their membership in FAMA, and further the goals and missions of FAMA through their contributions to the organization.
The objective of this committee is to qualify and present prospective members to the Board of Directors for ratification.
Policies & Procedures Statement:
- Actively recruit new prospects in our daily business.
- Chairperson to walk show floor during last hour of FDIC and Fire Rescue shows with FAMA president to search out and talk to prospects.
- Encourage new members to attend spring and fall meetings to get them involved beyond only Tech Committee meetings at FDIC and Fire Rescue Shows.
- Engage new members at spring and fall meetings.
- Prospect leads should be relayed to Chairperson. Ideally via e-mail.
- Chairperson or designated committee members to contact prospect via phone to discuss interest, explain FAMA and pre-qualify prospect.
- If prospect is a potential member, notify Karen Burnham via email with full info (name, address, email, phone, etc.) for her to send out information packet and application.
- Karen e-mail copies Chairperson on cover letter sent with information packet.
- Follow up phone contact made with prospect within 10 days of Karen sending out information packet.
- If Karen receives application with check, she notifies full membership committee via email for a vote.
- Membership committee to reply yes or no on the prospect application via email to Chairperson within 1 week.
- Chairperson to make sure votes are gathered to report a majority vote yes or no via email to Karen Burnham and FAMA president.
- FAMA Board then votes on the prospect. If accepted, Karen notifies Chairperson via email with a copy of the acceptance letter sent to the new member.
- Within one week of acceptance letter, Chairperson or designated committee member to make contact with new member via email. The plaque instructions email should be sent to the new member as part of this contact.
- Within two weeks of acceptance, a welcome packet in FAMA glossy folder should be sent to the new member by the Chairperson.
This packet to include:
- Welcome cover letter
- Board and Committees
- Plaque instruction letter
- Trade Show directory
- Latest minutes
- Code of Professional Practice
- Antitrust Guideline
- Guidelines for Committee Meetings
- Guidelines for Statistical Programs
- FAMA Flyer
Tim Van Fleet