REGISTER ONLINE TODAY by clicking the link above or via: https://www.fama.org/spring 2023/
email within 48 business hours of submitting your meeting registration,
please contact Sonya Kelly, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-843-3404.
please contact Sonya Kelly at email@example.com or 352-843-3404.
For accurate seating and F&B planning reasons,
please register any additional spouses or guests no later than Friday, March 3, 2023.
MEETING REGISTRATION FEES AND ASSOCIATION POLICIES
- Employees of member companies: $395 per person
- Each employee must complete a separate registration form
- Guests (non-employee) / Spouses – $200 per person (Employees of member companies are not eligible for the reduced Spouse/Guest Fee.)
- Children 11 years or more – $200 per person
- Children 3-10 – $100 per person
- Children under 3 – no charge
- The Association does not offer an “a la carte” meeting fee schedule.
- Meeting fees may be modified as necessary by the Board on notice to the membership.
ASSOCIATION MEETING REGISTRATION AND ATTENDEE POLICIES –
- FAMA Member Representatives are defined as full-time, direct-paid, active employees of FAMA member companies in good standing.
- Attendance at membership meetings is limited to FAMA Member Representatives and their spouses or guests. Consultants of member companies are not permitted.
- All member representatives and guests attending or participating in any of the event functions are required by the Association policies to be registered.
- Attendee badges are required at all event functions.
- Member companies must be current and in good standing for representatives to attend.
- Members are reminded that FAMA policies prohibit direct selling during meeting events and in common areas of the hotel where members socialize and network.
MEETING REGISTRATION FEE REFUND POLICY –
- Annual membership meeting registration fees will not be refunded but, will be credited toward the next Spring Membership Meeting.
- Meeting registration fee credits are valid for one year.
- Due to hotel food and beverage order requirements, cancellations received within seven days of the start of the event and without extenuating circumstances, are not valid for credit.
- Attendee cancellations must be submitted in writing and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEETING DRESS CODE – Meetings are casual (shorts are acceptable). Dinner is business casual (no shorts). Jackets and ties are not required.
HOTEL RESERVATION DETAILS
The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
321 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Hotel Main Phone: (954) 467-1111
For general hotel information, the website address follows:
(NOTE: The above website is NOT the website address to use to make hotel reservations within FAMA’s hotel room block at the contracted room rate.)
Event Dates: March 18 thru March 21, 2023
(For details see Preliminary Overall Event Schedule provided below.)
- Click HERE to make your hotel reservations
- Hotel Reservation Phone Number: 800-937-8461 be sure to request the FAMA 2023 Spring Meeting Group Room Block
- Group Room Rate: $279/night plus taxes
(Based on availability, the group room block rate is applicable 3/15/23 – 3/24/23)
- Note: For cross-check purposes, please make your hotel reservations under the name of the FAMA member representative attending the meeting.
Room Reservation Deadline has been extended to: Monday, February 6, 2023
To accommodate all member requests and fulfill our room block commitment, the hotel has provided a deadline of Monday, February 6th. After the February 6th deadline, any remaining rooms in the block will be returned to the hotel and the group rate will no longer be available.
Resort Fee and Amenities:
FAMA has negotiated the hotel’s resort fee be waived for our attendees but, the amenities included in the resort fee will be provided. The standard resort fee is $42 + taxes.
The amenities include the following: WiFi, complimentary bottled water each day (in-room), beach and pool towels, 2 complimentary beach chairs per day, 24-hour access to the fitness center, spinning, yoga and aerobics classes daily, bike rentals (2 hours/day), and non-motorized watersport rentals (2 hours/day).
Discounted Valet Parking: FAMA attendees receive Valet Parking for $25.00 per day.
- Hotel Reservation Policy – For each Spring Meeting the Association negotiates a special room rate each year for the members of FAMA and contracts a fixed number of rooms in the room block. After the room block closes, the Association’s reduced room block rate is no longer available. Contracted hotel room blocks are based on past meeting attendance. Reservations in the room block are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Hotel Cancellation Policies
- Cancellations must be made 72-hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid a forfeiture amount of a one night stay.
- Early departures or checking out prior to your original reservation departure date, will be assessed a charge for each remaining night including taxes and fees.
- A deposit equal to the first night room and tax is due at the time of booking.
You must book your hotel reservation separately and directly with the hotel– either online or by phone by Monday, February 6, 2023.
The following sponsorships are currently still available:
- Co-Sponsorship of the Member/Guest Lunch/Networking Event (Monday 12-4:30 PM – 4.5 hours) – 3 sponsorships available. Rate reduced to $3,250.00 each.
- Co-Sponsorship of the Annual Awards Dinner (Monday 7-9:30 PM – 2.5 hours) – 1 co-sponsorship available for $2,500.00
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Formal recognition in the meeting materials and from the podium each day. This includes recognition in e-mail communications distributed prior to the conference, and in the packets each attendee will receive upon arrival.
- Sponsorship signage will be provided and displayed appropriately during the sponsored event and in the Overall / All Sponsor Signs.
- Recognition in the next FAMA/FEMSA Newsletter.
- Sponsors receive the opportunity to place promotional material during your sponsored event. **
- Build heightened awareness and new relationships with potential customers.
- With exception to the Corporate Sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities are limited to only FAMA member companies.
** Promotional materials must be approved, in advance, by FAMA. Limitations apply for outside events.
We encourage you to confirm your sponsorship plans early so your logo will be included in the upcoming meeting communications. Please contact Chick Granito at email@example.com or Sonya Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a sponsor.
OVERALL EVENT SCHEDULE
To download the above Preliminary Overall Event Schedule click HERE.
Saturday, March 18, 2023
1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
at The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
321 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Refreshments will be served.
For planning purposes, an additional registration for this meeting is required.
Watch your emails for details on how to register.
A meeting agenda will be posted here.
For accurate meeting planning, a registration for this meeting is required.
To avoid any possible AV technical issues, attendance of this meeting is limited to in-person only.
Attendance is strictly limited to full-time, direct-paid, active employees
of FAMA member companies in good standing.
Consultants of member companies are NOT permitted.
SPOUSE / GUEST EVENT INFORMATION
Registered Spouses and Guests of the FAMA 2023 Spring Meeting Are Invited
To Enjoy An Event Planned Specifically for You on Monday, March 20th
Event times and details to be announced soon.
There is no additional fee for registered spouses and guests but,
advance registration is required for event planning purposes.
Sunday, March 19, 2023
The Deadline to Register for Golf is: Saturday, March 4, 2023.
Jacaranda Golf Club
9200 W. Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
Golf: $150.00/pp includes green fees, golf cart, lunch, and round-trip transportation.
NOTE: The bus will depart the hotel promptly at 11:30 AM.
Club Rentals: Golf Club Rentals are available for $75.00 (including tax).
The schedule for the tournament follows:
11:30 AM Bus departs from The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Shotgun start
Return to the hotel at approximately 5:30 PM
Register for the meeting and golf at the same time using the red “REGISTER TO ATTEND” button at the top of the page.
To register for golf only (separate from the meeting registration), please contact Sonya Kelly at email@example.com or 352-843-3404.
The Deadline to Register for Golf: Saturday, March 4, 2023
Dress Code and Proper Conduct – Proper attire and conduct are strictly enforced. Damages to persons, the golf course, equipment, rental clubs, golf cars, or clubhouse facilities are the responsibility of the individual accountable.
For questions regarding the golf tournament, please contact one of the 2023 Tournament Coordinators:
NOTE: With exception to full event cancellations, golf registration fees and club rentals are not subject to refund or valid towards credit of future meeting registration fees.