Reports to: National Sales Manager
Status: Exempt/Base Salary plus commission
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the sales and product support needs of Rescue 1 and PL Custom; working with dealers, sales representatives, customers, and factory personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the needs of our Dealers and Salesmen with Rescue 1 product knowledge and ability to take the project from initial meeting and proposal to delivery of the finished product.
- Learn the Rescue 1 product.
- Be the Rescue 1 Product Specialist.
- Possess knowledge of the Fire and Rescue Industry; Vehicle/Product performance, customer and marketplace needs as well as other manufacturers in the industry.
- Provide in the field product support at the customer location.
- Provide in the field support and training at the dealer location. Provide ongoing product and process training.
- Provide at the factory support and understanding of the customer needs to engineering and production.
- Provide chassis support to Dealers, Salesmen, Customers and factory. Understand both commercial and custom chassis platforms.
- Develop and support plan for increased sales results in existing dealer sales territories.
- Establish and Maintain networking relationships with vendors and chassis manufacturers.
- Support Pre Con meetings with Customers and Dealers here at R1/PL Custom.
- Support Pre Con meetings with Customer and Dealers at the customer location.
- Provide administrative support for quotes, bids and contracts to Dealers, customers and factory. Be able to use Quote Writer and read vehicle blueprints.
- Be able to read bid specs and develop plan to respond to customer. Generate clarifications and response strategy from Rescue 1.
- Support Dealers with pricing strategy to assist in the close.
- Attend all National Trade Shows and support Dealer/Regional Shows as needed.
- Distribute and follow up all leads generated from Trade Shows.
- Provide dealer/customer forecasts to National Sales Manager for incoming sales.
- Support Dealer Sales meetings hosted by and held at factory location.
- Provide support to Factory and Dealers for Cooperative Purchasing opportunities: HGAC and Sourcewell and others as available.
- Interact with marketing department for national/regional needs; electronic, print, social media, mailings, etc.
- Maintain current CDL license to support demo activities with R1/PL vehicles.
- If external to the factory in Manasquan – expectations would be at least one week per month here at the factory, at least two weeks per month in the field with Dealers/Customers, balance work from home base following up on issues from factory and field.
- 10 plus years experience in a sales leadership environment.
- Experience in automotive industry or emergency vehicle industry desirable.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Quote Writer, Access (a plus).
P.L. Custom Body and Equipment Co., Inc. has been in business since 1946 and has been owned by the Smock family since 1970. The company employs 175 people at their Manasquan, NJ plant and sells through a network of 19 independent dealers covering 26 states, the District of Columbia, and also distributes their Rescue 1 product in Canada. PL Custom Emergency Vehicle and Rescue 1 are the manufacturing divisions of the corporation and are proud to maintain a strong reputation as a customer focused designer and manufacturer of high quality ambulances and rescue vehicles. PLCB continues to grow at a consistent pace, happy to be able to add employees who share our long term vision for high quality products, outstanding customer service, and smart and sustainable growth. We are small by design, family-owned, and rich in heritage and tradition.