THIS CODE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE IS ESTABLISHED FOR ALL MEMBERS OF THE FIRE APPARATUS MANUFACTURERS’ ASSOCIATION. IT IS A GUIDE FOR MEMBER COMPANIES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES AS TO ACCEPTED ETHICAL AND MORAL PRACTICES THAT SHOULD BE OBSERVED WHILE ENGAGED IN WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS, SUPPLIERS, THE PUBLIC, AND ABOVE ALL, EACH OTHER.
IT IS NOT INTENDED TO COVER EVERY ETHICAL OR MORAL QUESTION THAT MAY ARISE, THERE MAY BE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING CERTAIN CONDUCT WHICH SHOULD BE OBEYED AT ALL TIMES.
THE BUSINESS REPUTATION OF FAMA MEMBERS IS TESTED EVERY DAY BY THE WAY WE TREAT OUR PEERS, CUSTOMERS, EMPLOYEES, AND COMPETITORS. YOUR OWN PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND GOOD JUDGMENT ARE THE BEST CHARACTER TRAITS TO ETHICAL AND MORALLY RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT.
- Be honest, fair and fulfill all commitments while upholding the concepts of free enterprise.
- Sell products on their merits. Be truthful about your product benefits, and refrain from the use of any misleading or advertising or selling techniques that would unfairly represent your products or a competitor’s.
- Design, manufacture and assemble all products in a manner compatible in every respect with public health and safety, while complying with all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Do not use the name, logo or letterhead of FAMA in any way which would imply endorsement without the express approval of the board of directors.
- Be aware of and obey all anti-trust trade regulation laws which prohibit actions that restrain competition. As an example, you may not cooperate with competitors to fix or stabilize prices, divide up clients or markets, boycott competitors, or discuss the possibility of these activities with competitors.
ANY MEMBER FORMALLY CHARGED WITH ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THESE STANDARDS COULD FACE AN APPROPRIATE CONSEQUENCE, INCLUDING SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION. A MEMBER SO CHARGED SHALL BE AFFORDED MINIMUM DUE PROCESS, WHICH WILL CONSIST OF AT LEAST WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE CHARGE, AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT A DEFENSE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A WRITTEN GUIDE SUCH AS THIS CAN SERVE ONLY AS A GENERAL STANDARD OF CONDUCT. IT CANNOT SUBSTITUTE FOR PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND GOOD JUDGMENT. IT CANNOT SPELL OUT THE APPROPRIATE RESPONSE TO EVERY TYPE OF SITUATION, NOR CAN IT COVER ALL THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO SPECIFIC COMPANIES. IT CAN ONLY SUGGEST PRUDENT COURSES OF ACTION.