District Sales Manager
This District Sales Manager position (Ohio Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky) is responsible for the sale and support of Akron Brass products and service/support of dealer and end-user customers for all product lines. Position is responsible for expanding the content of Akron Brass products with existing customers as well as seeking out new sales opportunities. Also responsible for the utilization of the planning process to identify and target opportunities in the territory with the focus on maximizing revenue and profitability. The position works out of a home office.
- Demonstrate effective territory and pipeline opportunity management with the Salesforce CRM tool
- Development and execution of territory business plan
- Development of distributor network through training, education, and joint sales calls
- Evaluate distribution performance and recommend new accounts, realignment or termination of accounts in order to achieve company objectives
- Handle Regional Trade shows and Distributor / OEM Open Houses within the territory
- Monitor performance through the review of daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Responsible for conducting sales activities in order to exceed sales plan (total sales as well as new product sales) on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Uncover, develop, and co-manage new specification opportunities
- Work closely with the OEM account sales team in order to drive specifications with end users affecting the overall Akron Brass results
- 4-year degree in business, marketing, engineering (ideally has fire services related exp.)
- Experience with customer management system
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience
- Must be able to travel 70% of the time
- Must have a valid Driver’s license with a good driving record
- Related experience in the fire industry is an asset
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to workforce diversity
Akron Brass Co.
Commercial Sales and Marketing Manager
C.E. Niehoff & Co. is a manufacturer of heavy duty high output alternators for military and other specialty applications. Our headquarters and manufacturing site is located in Evanston, IL.
We currently have an opening in our Sales & Marketing department reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Successful candidate must be a superb leader, who is enthusiastic, outgoing, and results oriented, with a successful track record of leading sales and marketing organizations in sustained growth and profitability. Must have demonstrated experience in defining, developing, implementing and leading a sales team and product development strategy.
We offer excellent benefits including PPO Medical and Dental insurance, 401K with a generous company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, develop, implement, and lead the commercial sales team in product development strategy, growth plan, and product marketing in existing and new commercial markets
- Lead the Commercial Sales team of and manage departmental performance relating to all aspects of commercial OEM markets and associated customers
- Work with Market Managers to create a roadmap for technology and products moving forward and develop the processes and framework to bring that map to fruition within allotted timeframes
- Create guidelines, processes, and procedures as needed within the department and across departments
- Be involved in and drive, as needed, design reviews and engineering changes for commercial products
- Drive marketing communications for all commercial products.
- Responsible for pricing strategy in commercial markets
- Create and control budgets with each Market Manager, including oversight and approval responsibility for trade shows, conferences, advertising, travel, etc.
- Customer visits and trade show attendance as necessary to manage the team and research markets for product and sales planning
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years of management experience is required
- Electrical/Electromechanical education and/or experience is preferred
- Proven ability to achieve individual and team goals
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Perform duties in accordance with company directives with minimal direction and supervision
- Travel occasionally both during the week and on weekends
Qualified candidates (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis to be employed in the United States.
C.E. Niehoff & Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
C.E. Niehoff & Company