Phillip L. Turner Fire Protection Scholarship (2021)
FAMA will begin accepting applications for the 2021 scholarship September 1, 2020. The opportunity to apply for the 2021 scholarship will close on June 1, 2021 and the recipient will be announced by August 16, 2021.
FAMA is offering one (1) $5,000 scholarship to a full-time sophomore, junior or senior student enrolled in a four-year Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Administration degree program or enrolled in a full-time master’s degree program in Fire Protection Engineering or Administration at an accredited four-year university or college located within the United States or Canada.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Applicant must be a full-time sophomore, junior or senior student currently registered and enrolled in the upcoming school year.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a four-year program or a full-time master’s degree program in Fire Protection Engineering or Administration with an accredited university or college located within the United States or Canada.
- All application requirements must be mailed or received by the June 1, 2021 deadline.
- Only applicants that meet the above requirements for consideration and the following application requirements will be considered.
All applications must be submitted via the online form.
REQUIRED APPLICATION ELEMENTS:
The following required documents must be submitted via e-mail by June 1, 2021 or if mailed have U.S. or Canadian Mail postmark date of June 1, 2021 or prior:
- A complete online application. Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered.
- Official transcripts including cumulative college grade point and courses taken at an accredited college or university located within the United States or Canada. Only official transcripts received direct from the college or university will be accepted. Digital transcript files submitted via email direct from the college or university are preferred.
- Unofficial transcripts emailed by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Letter or letters of recommendation by school professors or appropriate department heads. Only letters of recommendation received direct from school professors or department heads meet the requirement.
- Professors and Department Heads please email letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters of recommendation emailed by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Mailed documents must have a postmark date of June 1, 2021 or prior.
Mailing Address: FAMA, PO Box 3065, Ocala, FL 34478
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND DATES FOR THE 2020 SCHOLARSHIP:
- Application Period: September 1, 2020 to June 1, 2021 (Close Date: 6/1/21)
- Application Evaluation Period: June 15 to July 15, 2021
- 2021 Scholarship Recipient to be Announced and Awarded by: August 16, 2021
2020 Scholarship Award Recipient
2019 Scholarship Award Recipient
2018 Scholarship Award Recipient
2017 Scholarship Award Recipient
2016 Scholarship Award Recipient