Committees -> Education-Scholarship Committee
- Committee Mission Statement
- Committee Objectives
- Committee Policies
- Committee Procedures
- Committee Chairs
The Committee communicates and promotes the annual Phillip L. Turner Fire Protection Scholarship award. The scholarship
recognizes outstanding students at North American universities offering fire science and engineering programs.
- Facilitate the Phillip L. Turner scholarship on an annual basis.
- Facilitate the FAMA Grant Fund on an annual basis.
- Enhance FAMA’s relationship with universities offering Fire Science Programs.
- Provide the membership with supplementary information and/or special reports when needed.
- Committee Composition – The FAMA Education Committee shall consist of a Chair, appointed by the President, and additional members. Where required, the committee will assist and be assisted by other FAMA Committees to accomplish it’s mission and objectives.
- Budget – The committee shall develop a budget that shall be within the guidelines as established by the President and Board of Directors, to provide for the tools and resources necessary to implement its mission and objectives.
- Programs – The committee shall be responsible for the following programs:
- Meetings are to be as needed by phone or scheduled in conjunction with other industry functions and meetings
- All policies and procedures will be reviewed on an annual basis and recommendations for change will be forwarded or presented to the board for review and approval.
- The Committee will make a recommendation to the board for the necessary budget requested to support the committee’s activities and programs on an annual basis as requested by The Board of Directors.
- Upon establishment of the planning directives and program budgets, the Committee will work together to accomplish its mission on a timely basis and communicate with the FAMA Administrative Assistant.
Lou Milanovich (PPG Industries)
David Williamson (Sam Carbis Solutions Group, LLC)