Committees -> Governmental Affairs Committee
- Committee Mission Statement
- Committee Objectives
- Committee Policies and Procedures
- Committee Chairperson
The mission of the Governmental Affairs Committee is to be the primary vehicle through which FAMA will establish and maintain the reputation as a leader and strategic partner at the federal government level as it relates to Emergency Rescue, Fire Apparatus, and Homeland Security.
- Monitoring and disseminating potential and enacted legislation to all FAMA members
- Monitoring and disseminating emergency-rescue data and reports as they are released to all FAMA members
- Enhance FAMA’s relationship with universities offering Fire Science Programs.
- Working with and providing to the FAMA Board and legal counsel:
- Potential consequences
- Recommendations and options as they relate to potential legislation
- Maintaining a strategic partnership with other organizations as deemed appropriate (e.g., CFSI) and disseminating the information to all FAMA members
- Developing an annual operating budget, funding plan, and strategic plan
- Interacting with the appropriate legislative and administrative agencies of the federal government
- Pursuing only those issues that are non-competitive (affect all FAMA members) in nature
- Develop a communications vehicle/network within FAMA and the appropriate associations
- Ensuring all activities of the Governmental Affairs Committee support the mission of FAMA
Policies and Procedures
Please visit the FAMA/FEMSA GAC website.